Based on some very intricate and detailed viewing and analysis of the trailer that Treyarch has posted for the game, we have compiled a speculated list of weapons that may see light in the latest Call of Duty game, Black Ops. Keep in mind this is all speculation, but it has some very extensive analysis and research behind it, so this isn’t just some list put together by a 7 year old who thinks x3 frags is awesome.
- We believe that the venerable and very well known M16 and CAR15 will be seeing light in Black ops for a variety of reasons. Firstly, the era that the game seems to be taking place in, the Cold War, saw the entrance of the M16 and its devastating power and accuracy in the Vietnam War, and has been used since in armies around the world as their weapon of choice for armed forces. Second, the gun can be seen for fractions of a second in the trailed flashing on a computer or TV screen in the hospital scene. It’s very difficult to catch it, and requires a keen eye to see it. The CAR15, a predecessor to the M4, is seen in the hands of a soldier in a one of the scenes of the trailer.
- Our reason to include this is the obvious reference and model of the gun being seen in the trailer during one of the action scenes in the trailer. The gun was introduced in 1977, so the game may see some action past the Vietnam and Korean war. Interesting.
- For some obvious reasons. The gun has been included in the past two Modern Warfares, and if the era that the game takes place in is in fact the Cold War, then the gun is guaranteed to be see some action. There is also a scene in the trailer with two Vietnamese looking soldiers, possibly Vietcong, brandishing the weapon, looking very menacing.
- The MP5 may be seeing itself in a Call of Duty game for its third time in the latest Black Ops entry. You can see a gun with a similar model and look being held by the soldier in the scene with the missile launch. Of course, this is pure speculation as the entire gun cannot be seen, but we believe it’s safe to say that it will be in the game. The gun came out in 1966, which is eleven years before the Steyr Aug.
- There is no proof of this gun being in the game, but if the Steyr AUG will be featured, we may see this gun in the game. The Steyr AUG saw its use in battle in 1977, while the AK-74 came out in, you guessed it, 1974.
- Another game that has been seen in the last two Modern Warfare games. This gun came out in 1950, so it’s safe to say this gun will be raking up more kills in Black Ops.
- One of the signature guns used by gangsters and the American forces in World War Two will most likely be making a come back in Black Ops. This gun was used in the Vietnam War, however it began to be phased out closer to the end of the war, due to its age.
Light Machine Guns:
- This is a machine gun version variant of the AK-47, and has also seen action in the previous two Modern Warfare games. Black Ops, being a Cold War era game, will most likely see this powerful light machine gun in the hands of the Vietcong and Soviets. A fun fact however, the gun actually came out BEFORE the AK-47, so in essence, the AK-47 is based off of the RPD. Interesting.
- Ahhh, the powerful, loud, and beafy sounding M60. The gun saw action in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, but was not featured in Modern Warfare 2. This gun was used in Vietnam and was the main machine gun of choice in the US military starting in 1957, and is still being used now. It is slowly being phased out for the newer M249 Saw and M240, however. It’s safe to say that this gun will be used in Call of Duty Black Ops.
- This machine gun was typically mounted on helicopters and vehicles, such as tanks. If there is vehicle warfare in this game, which has been hinted at in the helicopter scenes in the trailer, we may see this gun spitting lead at enemies.
Winchester Model 1912
- This gun was the shotgun of choice for soldiers fighting in WWI, WWII, and Vietnam. This gun has seen a lot of action, and it’s safe to say that it will see even more in the latest Call of Duty Black Ops.
- This rather unknown shotgun was used in the Vietnam War primarily by special forces units like the Navy Seals. Call of Duty Black Ops, being a game revolving around the introduction of special forces to militaries around the world, will most likely feature this gun.
- This weapon can be seen on the back of a soldier in the trailer. The gun debuted in 1979, two years after the Steyr AUG.
Winchester Model 70
- This Bolt Action sniper rifle was used by the Marine Corps in Vietnam, and was the signature sniper rifle of the time. We may or may not see it, but being a bolt action, it will most likely be included in the game.
- This powerful gun saw a lot of action in the Vietnam War, and saw many versions and remakes, and even a conversion to a sniper rifle to be used by specialists in the war. This gun was featured in Call of Duty 4 and Modern Warfare 2, and its entry into Black Ops is almost sure.
- Another gun used by the Marine Corps in the Vietnam War. This gun was the sniper of choice for many players in Call of Duty 4, and was introduced during the Vietnam War as a bolt action sniper rifle with a powerful round, and immense range.
Mark 2 Fragmentation Grenades
- This is Call of Duty. Grenades and First Person shooters go together like peanut butter and jelly. This grenade will be in the game.
- This anti-personell mine saw a lot of use in the Vietnam War, and being introduced in Call of Duty 4 and used extensivley in Modern Warfare 2, it’s safe to say that that this gun will see some action by campers in the multiplayer portion of the game.
- Otherwise known as the “Thumper” in Modern Warfare 2, this grenade launcher will be in the game. I swear. If it isn’t, I will pay everyone who read this article cold hard cash.
- This grenade launcher that is currently used by forces in Iraq and Afghanistan saw little use in the Vietnam War, and saw entry very late into it. It was only used by special forces, so we may or may not see this grenade launcher.
- This is a possibility. World At War which was also developed by Treyarch was the first Call of Duty to use a flamethrower, and this weapon was used extensively in search and destroy operations in Vietnam. We most likely will see this weapon in Black Ops.
- This was the bazooka used by American forces in Vietnam, and was considered by many to be one of the greatest rocket launchers to have graced the battlefield. It uses a fire and forget system, and is a predecessors to the AT4-HS used in Modern Warfare 2.
- Don’t deny it, you know this will be in the game.
That’s about it. Of course this is all speculation, but a lot of these guns listed saw extensive use in the Vietnam War and Cold War era, so it’s just a matter of good research to find out what guns will be included in Call of Duty Black Ops.
Post your comments, speculations, and suggestions below. I’d love to hear them!